Write struct to file

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 16:52:01 PST 2012

On 2/27/12, Ali Çehreli <acehreli at yahoo.com> wrote:
> D is awesome compared to C as it enables serializing/deserializing data
> with its generic programming and compile-time reflection features like this:
>
>    http://dlang.org/traits.html#allMembers

ae's json uses .tupleof, and does it in 40(!)* lines of code.

* Well there's a helper function that escapes some strings, but in
essence it's 40 lines of code that do most of the work.

I think I'm going to print this out, frame it, and put it on a wall
because it's just so damn concise:
https://github.com/CyberShadow/ae/blob/master/utils/json.d#L69

(This is Vladimir's code for those not in the know)

>  > ae.utils.json <-- this will be not as "cool" as writing it raw binary? :p
>
> Must be subjective. I find json output cooler that binary. :p

Yeah and again if there are no references he can simply use the
cast(void*)[0..len] trick. The challenge would be to implement this
for reference types.