Trouble with -lib in linux "undefined reference to `_Dmain'"

André andre at s-e-a-p.de
Wed Feb 29 09:21:30 PST 2012

Hi,
I use Mono-D and have a hello world example which compiles fine.
I set the compiler option "-lib" and receives an error "undefined
reference to `_Dmain'".

Following commands are generated for the build process:
dmd -c "main.d"
-of"/home/user/Dokumente/MonoDevelop/HelloWorld/HelloWorld/obj/Debug/main.o"
-I"/usr/include/d/dmd/phobos" -I"/usr/include/d/dmd/druntime/import"
-gc -debug -lib

dmd -gc -debug
-of"/home/user/Dokumente/MonoDevelop/HelloWorld/HelloWorld/bin/Debug/HelloWorld"
"obj/Debug/main.o"

Do I miss an additional linux option or is the order of the commands wrong?

Kind regards
André