A tutorial on D templates

Philippe Sigaud philippe.sigaud at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 07:49:12 PST 2012

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 15:56, Ali Çehreli <acehreli at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 01/14/2012 12:11 AM, Philippe Sigaud wrote:
>> On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 01:08, Ali Çehreli<acehreli at yahoo.com>  wrote:
>
>>>   http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/templates.html
>

>> Hi Ali, I discovered you had a chapter on templates just a few days
>> ago.
>
> That chapter is intentionally incomplete. I think function, struct, and
> class templates and their uses with type template parameters are the most
> common. (That's a C++ programmer talking. ;)) I've left the rest of
> templates to a later chapter.

I agree. Your goal is not exactly the same as mine: you intend to give
a view on the entire language, for beginners, whereas I intend my doc
to be a deep plunge into templates, as complete as possible.

>> I'll go and read it.
>
> Thank you. Please ignore the Inglish ;) mistakes for now. It is constantly
> being corrected by my editor (Ergin Güney) and I.

What I see is quite readable :-)

>> I think I'll add a ressources/further
>> reading part in my doc and put a link to your chapter.
>
> Thank you. I will do the same.

That's cool, because the D community is small enough and still
dispersed enough that we should link one another to bring it all
together.

> It will be easier if it gets a permanent
> home, in addition to its github page (
> https://github.com/PhilippeSigaud/D-templates-tutorial ).

I have no permanent home for my D projects, nor do I intend to do. You
can link to the Github project, that's what people do. Or directly to
the pdf, if you wish.