output minimal .di files?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Mon Jan 16 12:40:23 PST 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 09:32:57PM +0100, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
[...]
> I... don't think the error messages from expanding raw object code
> would be very pleasant to read, if you used a template incorrectly...
[...]

It doesn't have to be *executable* object code; the compiler may store
extra info (perhaps as debugging data?) so that it can generate nicer
error messages.

But like I said, this assumes the compiler is allowed to store arbitrary
data inside object files, which may not be the case on some platforms.

Which is worse: ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares? -- Erich Schubert