OOP Windows

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 20:08:38 PST 2012

On Monday, 16 January 2012 at 21:52:09 UTC, DNewbie wrote:
> Yes. I know a bit of C (not C++) and the Windows API. Now I'd
> like to learn more about OOP.

I'm not really sure if that is the best strategy for learning
OOP, even in C++. Though I guess it could give the before an
after effect of an API. But going with C++ you'd just be learning
a lot about C++ and that overhead would mask the learning about
OOP.

D doesn't really have tutorials on OOP, that I know of. There are
some examples about class and objects, but no true OOP tutorials
(actually these are hard to find).

If you want to do some GUI with OOP then DFL isn't bad,
documentation and tutorial are exactly complete, but it might
give you some thing to work with. And the Entice designer can
help build some code for you to look at (I've used it to find
what classes I need and their options :P)

http://www.dprogramming.com/dfl.php