Error: 'this' is only defined in non-static member functions, not parse

Matej Nanut matejnanut at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 10:13:02 PST 2012

On 17 January 2012 19:07, H. S. Teoh <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:
> Andrei's book ("The D Programming Language") is quite thorough in
> explaining these D constructs. It's a highly recommended buy if you're
> doing serious work in D.

> --
> The two rules of success: 1. Don't tell everything you know. -- YHL

I've been thinking on getting that for a while now. How up to date is it?
Or does it explain such general concepts that I shouldn't be worried
about that at all? Everyone seems to be recommending it so I don't see
why I shouldn't get it. A free university period is also coming up, so that
might be a great way to spend my available time.

I'm definitely serious about learning and using D. I've been impressed with
it since I first saw it and I intend to do as much work with it as possible.
I'm not _doing_ any serious work with it yet, though. In fact, none of the work
I do could be considered very serious at all. :)