learn D & TDPL

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Jan 21 01:06:25 PST 2012

On Saturday, January 21, 2012 09:55:36 Gour wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 00:42:18 -0800
>
> Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote:
> > The main problem is that the compiler hasn't caught up to TDPL yet.
>
> Yeah, but, at least, those things are tagged as 'tdpl' bugs, right?

In theory. I don't know if they all are. The major one should be though.

> > The biggest items in that regard that I can think of are
>
> Your list is very helpful, but we consider there should be official list
> provided somewhere on the D site.

Probably. But documentation isn't exactly our strong suit around here. The
documention on the modules themselves tends to be fairly good, but beyond
that, it's pretty sparse. The main documentation is also the spec, so it tends
to be quite short and to the point rather than explanatory, and pretty much
the only other piece of major documentation on the site is the articles, which
are helpful, but there certainly aren't enough to explain everything that
probably should be explained but isn't (ranges being _the_ prime example).
There's probably a _lot_ of stuff which could be done to improve the
documentation.

- Jonathan M Davis