learn D & TDPL

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Jan 21 11:48:43 PST 2012

On Saturday, January 21, 2012 14:38:56 Gour wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 00:42:18 -0800
>
> Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote:
> > 5. @safe (and therefore SafeD) isn't fully implemented. So, it
> > doesn't necessarily work quite like it's supposed to yet.
>
> This one is really interesting for our use of D, so we wonder if there
> is some estimation when SafeD will be available?

It's partially available. It just isn't fully implemented, and I don't know
what's missing from it. And I have no idea when it will be fully implemented.
You can certainly use it now, but I don't know how much you can really mark as
@safe at this point, and I don't know how accurate the compiler is in
determining what's @safe beyond the simple restriction that it can't call
functions which aren't @trusted or @safe.

- Jonathan M Davis