dmd & gdc

Don Clugston dac at nospam.com
Fri Jan 27 02:27:16 PST 2012

On 26/01/12 18:59, xancorreu wrote:
> Al 26/01/12 18:43, En/na H. S. Teoh ha escrit:
>> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 06:06:38PM +0100, xancorreu wrote:
>> [...]
>>> I note that gdc is completely free software but dmd runtime is not.
>> You mean free as in freedom, not as in price.
>
> Yes, both

I don't what that means. The DMD backend license is not compatible with
the GPL, so it could never be bundled with a *nix distro. Otherwise, I
don't think there are any consequences. It has nothing else in common
with non-free products.

The complete source is on github, and you're allowed to freely download
it, compile it, and make your own clone on github. What else would you want?