Chained Catch Statements

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 16:05:20 PST 2012

On 1/30/12, Era Scarecrow <rtcvb32 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> If the compiler reorders the blocks for you

A warning, maybe. But I'm against compilers which try to be too smart
and rewrite code to change its semantics. If there's something wrong
with my code I want to know about it (warning or error) and fix it, I
don't want the compiler rewriting bad code behind-the-scenes. That
only encourages writing sloppy code, and I end up having to know
implementation details of each compiler to really know what some
function body actually does (it could be someone else's code and not
just mine).