Partial classes

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Jan 31 02:45:51 PST 2012

On Tuesday, January 31, 2012 11:37:24 Mars wrote:
> On Monday, 30 January 2012 at 10:21:07 UTC, bls wrote:
> > As already said template mixins are close to partial classes.
> > A snippet. HTH
>
> Thanks everybody. I still hope support for partial classes may
> come some day, to make this cleaner, but I guess it works.

Well, you can hope, but Walter is very much against the idea, so someone would
have to have a very compelling argument to change his mind, and I don't expect
that that will happen. The one file per module rule is viewed as too desirable
to allow for something like partial classes where you're specifically splitting
a module across files.

- Jonathan M Davis