Fixed size multidimensional array at runtime

Vidar Wahlberg vidar.wahlberg at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 17:23:26 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 1 July 2012 at 12:21:59 UTC, Denis Shelomovskij wrote:
> No, that is the syntax you used for arrays of arrays.

In D, yes. In other languages I'm familiar with, such as Java,
that syntax is used for "rectangular" arrays. I've grown to like
the syntax as used in Java and I wanted to know if it was
possible to achieve it in D.

On Sunday, 1 July 2012 at 13:31:12 UTC, Artur Skawina wrote:
> "matrix[x,y,z]" is a problem, yet "matrix.get(x,y,z)" is fine?

"[x, y, z]" is not a syntax I'm used to, whereas "get(x, y, z)"
(or preferably "[x][y][z]") is. It really is just a matter of
preference, maybe I can get used to it when I'm more experienced
with D.

I appreciate all the answers and suggestions, my question was
already answered very well by Jonathan, so I'm going to leave
this discussion here.