Debugging compiler crashes?

Wouter Verhelst wouter at grep.be
Mon Jul 2 13:14:45 PDT 2012

Timon Gehr <timon.gehr at gmx.ch> writes:

> On 07/02/2012 08:38 PM, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a body of code which makes the compiler frontend segfault.
>>
>> Is there some automated tool which will help me produce a minimal
>> testcase so I can file a bugreport? The body in question is fairly
>> large, just posting that to a bugreport doesn't sound like a good idea
>> to me.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

> https://github.com/CyberShadow/DustMite

Thanks, that sounds like just the thing I need.

However, it doesn't seem to compile for me:

wouter at carillon:~/code/d/DustMite$ dmd -ofdustmite -release *d
dmd: glue.c:542: virtual void FuncDeclaration::toObjFile(int): Assertion `semanticRun == PASSsemantic3done' failed.
Aborted
wouter at carillon:~/code/d/DustMite$

... and I'm not yet that fluent in D to understand what's going on. Any
ideas?

(dmd 2.059, in case that matters)

the following formula:

pi zz a