LDC -noruntime

BLM768 blm768 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 00:54:57 PDT 2012

> It's not like compiling without a runtime will make the
> compiler not emit calls; what else would it do for e.g. the
> 'new' expression? Anyway, given your situation, just grab the
> function prototypes from druntime and stub them out, then fill
> them in later.

I knew that stuff like "new" wouldn't work without the runtime,
but code that only does a few struct member accesses and a
pointer cast shouldn't require runtime functions; that's all
elementary C stuff. I've worked a little on stubbing out
functions, but I'd rather not link any extra code to my current
program, which is just a small 32-bit assembly/D bootstrapper
that loads the actual 64-bit kernel. Looks like I might have to
just use assembly, use some C, or write my own compiler.