LDC -noruntime

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Jul 6 02:38:06 PDT 2012

On 2012-07-06 08:53, BLM768 wrote:
> I've been trying to write an OS kernel in D, and I'm having issues with
> the runtime. I'm trying to use LDC's -noruntime option, which is
> _supposed_ to prevent any runtime calls from being generated, but the
> linker keeps complaining about unresolved references to _d_assert_msg
> and other runtime functions. It seems that LDC is ignoring the switch
> and is generating runtime references anyway. Is there some other way to
> force it to stop trying to pull in the runtime? I'd rather not have to
> create/link a custom runtime at this point; I don't even have a memory
> allocator written, so I really don't want to mess with a runtime yet.

I'm pretty sure that the only thing the -noruntime flag does is
preventing the runtime from being linked. It will not prevent the
compiler for generating calls to the runtime.

So if you see calls to runtime functions you need to stub them out as
Alex suggested or try to find a way to avoid them. Note that the
compiler will link with the standard library by default as well. I don't
know if the -noruntime flag prevents that.

--
/Jacob Carlborg