LDC -noruntime

BLM768 blm768 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 10:19:04 PDT 2012

On Friday, 6 July 2012 at 15:35:17 UTC, K.Wilson wrote:
> Check out the Xomb OS as they had to stub things in the runtime
> out IIRC, and they use LDC still, I believe. May need to check
> out a very old copy to see what they originally did to get a
> minimal kernel running.

I've looked a little at XomB. They've got a "bare bones" kernel
setup as one of their sub-projects, and I took a glance at the
runtime. It's a lot smaller than what I started trying to do,
which was to copy the entire runtime and then prune it back until
it compiled. I guess I'll do it the other way and copy/write as
little as possible until it works. I was worried I'd have to
process most of the runtime so the typeinfo classes would work,
but it looks like XomB managed to get by with a pretty small
runtime.