why is string not implicit convertable to const(char*) ?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Jul 6 15:29:37 PDT 2012

On Friday, July 06, 2012 12:56:36 Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> However, I also happen
> to think that saying "zero-terminated strings were a horrendous design
> decision" is a bit short-sighted.

Well, then we're going to have to agree to disagree on that one. While some
design decisions may have made more sense at the time they were made or the
ultimate pros and cons may not have been clear at the time, I think that zero-
terminated strings are one of the design decisions which was truly short-
sighted and an enormous mistake all around, and all C/C++ programmers have had
to pay for it ever since.

- Jonathan M Davis