deimos libX11 undefined reference

cal callumenator at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 16:50:58 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 11 July 2012 at 23:18:25 UTC, cal wrote:

> I'm using the deimos libX11 bindings, DMD 2.058 OpenSUSE x86_64.
>
> In Xlibint.d, my linker can't resolve '_XData16' (it's proto is
> on line 624 of Xlibint).
>
> Does anyone who knows X11 know what library I should be linking
> to for that function? Or an easy way to grep the symbols in a
> directory of libraries in linux (I mostly use windows...).
>
> Cheers

Hmm, looking at the .c header, the function is not even defined.
I think it is not used, and in this case turning macros into
functions in the binding generates linker errors. I don't know
the best way to fix this in the binding (I have simply commented
out the functions in my repo, as they don't seem to be used). But
its worth noting.