deimos libX11 undefined reference

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Thu Jul 12 11:15:45 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 12 July 2012 at 16:43:28 UTC, mta`chrono wrote:
> when marcos are turned into functions they introduce new
> symbols. it's a
> pity, but in that case you have to link to deimos. so deimos
> will become
> a wrapper rather than a binding.

The binding author can also opt to just translate them to
template functions (possibly taking no template parameter). This
way, the bodies are emitted into every translation unit which
uses them, removing the need to link against the Deimos
"headers". The libevent and OpenSSL bindings, which I
contributed, use this approach.

David