Chaining a dynamic number of Ranges

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Jul 21 18:06:12 PDT 2012

On Sunday, July 22, 2012 02:34:47 Enerqi wrote:
> Ok thanks! I was hoping to avoid making a copy of the arrays,
> which I think std.array.join does, when treating them as a single
> array range. Wishful thinking perhaps :)

It works as long as you don't need capabilities that the new range doesn't
have. For instance, iterating over it works just fine without creating a new
array. But it's not uncommon that if you want a random-access range, you need
to allocate a new array (or some other type of container) to get it rather
than using the wrapper range that you got back from a range-based function.

- Jonathan M Davis