~= call copy ctor?

monarch_dodra monarchdodra at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 00:58:00 PDT 2012

On Saturday, 21 July 2012 at 21:12:55 UTC, Namespace wrote:
> I'm not sure if it's a bug or my code is nonsense. ;)

While there are some bugs D, you have to realize that D is a
garbage collected language, which means you should not rely on
objects being destructed in a timely fashion (or at all).
Furthermore, it discourages manipulating raw pointers.

While experimenting is fine and all (and I encourage it), you
really need to embrace the language for what it is, rather than
force a design on to it (scoped!).

I'd be willing to bet big money you are coming from C++? I had
the same difficulties at first.