shared immutable issues

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Jul 23 14:01:57 PDT 2012

On Monday, July 23, 2012 10:37:03 Ali Çehreli wrote:
> Appender does cast(Unqual!(T)) which removes the 'shared' qualifier. I
> think that should be considered a bug with Appender.

Unqual is used all over the place in Phobos to remove const. I don't think
that shared is considered much at all at this point. And given the various
issues with shared, you generally have to temporarily cast it to non-shared to
do anything with it anyway. shared is one of those things that may be okay in
principle but which hasn't had all of its minor details properly sorted out
yet.

- Jonathan M Davis