Recipe and best practice for accessing COM

Jesse Phillips Jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 13:26:06 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, 24 July 2012 at 19:01:15 UTC, newToCOM wrote:
> I am trying to use COM to access Windows functionality and APIs.
> I have read the interface documentation and some documentation
> at
> MSDN. I have seen the included sample snippet for IHello and the
> slides "Modern COM programming in D", but it is still not clear
> exactly what to do and what the best practice is.
>
> So, my question is:
> I have downloaded Windows SDK and coffimplib. How do I proceed
> access d2d1 and draw a rectangle?
>
> A stepwise description of the recommended procedure is highly
> appreciated!

I can't give you much guidance on a step by step type
instructions. Haven't done much COM myself. The DX bindings
mentioned sound better for what you are asking.

For "Modern COM" Juno, and the updated tlbimpd is updated for D2
on

https://github.com/JesseKPhillips/Juno-Windows-Class-Library

Hope that helps.