A few questions

Simen Kjaeraas simen.kjaras at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 17:21:54 PDT 2012

On Fri, 27 Jul 2012 22:16:05 +0200, Namespace <rswhite4 at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> And that is the explicit way with pre- and postconditions of Java, which
> i want to avoid.
>
> I see, the most of you prefer to write "try and catch" or use the java
> principle with explicit pre- and post conditions.
> The time will show, if D get therewith enough members to get serious.
> But this is what Java and C# have already.

This is a NotNull I just implemented. It is designed to create a strict
division between things that can be null, and those that cannot. The idea
being that the programmer should be aware of it when he needs to convert
between them, and whole call graphs can more easily be made free of
null checks.

--
Simen