Detector for unused variables

Namespace rswhite4 at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 30 13:45:37 PDT 2012

On Monday, 30 July 2012 at 20:06:42 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> On 31-Jul-12 00:02, Namespace wrote:
>> BTW: Has anyone test my detector and could give me some
>> suggestions or
>> critism?
>
> I haven't tested it but offhand I call it inaccurate :)
> I had only cursory look at it but: regexes are way underpowered
> to do the task and thus false positives and false negatives are
> unavoidable.
>
> Just throw in more templates and mixins and it will fail ;)

As i said: it isn't perfect yet. ;) But maybe one of you could
help me.
And regex are the only way i know to scan code.
And yes i know, sometimes warnings for unused variables _would_
be annoying but then we have to discuss if a new compiler switch
is useful.
IMO it is, but IMO a shorthand like "?" for not null types is
similar useful.
Maybe i expect to much, maybe i should use such programms only by
myself.