BitArray/BitFields - Reworking with templates

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 15:23:45 PDT 2012

On Monday, 30 July 2012 at 21:56:20 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> You can go for simpler separation:
>
> struct BitArray{
> //() - is an empty template spec
> 	ref BitArrayopSliceAssign()(const BitArray ba, int start, int
> end)
> {
> //two bit array can try balk mode etc.

  I'll give it a try, it may very well be what I need; although I
wouldn't have thought you could declare it like that. I have much
to learn in the ways of the template.

>>  course if the 'in' keyword is the key i will have to test
>> that to make sure.
> in == scope const not sure what scope buys here but couldn't
> hurt.

  If it can avoid making a new copy, then it likely would help.
I'll need to test it. I actually am not quite sure how scope
works as an argument; it isn't really covered in TDPL from what I
recall.