Static function conflicts with Non-Static?!

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Jun 2 10:58:08 PDT 2012

On Saturday, June 02, 2012 14:49:39 Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> Generic programming benefits from it in certain scenarios

This is brought up periodically, and I don't really buy it. _Maybe_ there's a
scenario where it would help, but typeof makes it trivial to get the type so
that you can call a static function with the type, and I'd consider it
questionable to insist on it with the idea that some classes would have a
static version of the function and some a non-static version. That just seems
like bad design.

- Jonathan M Davis