floats default to NaN... why?

Minas minas_mina1990 at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Jun 9 11:42:00 PDT 2012

> With
> ints, the best we can do is 0. With floats, NaN makes it better.

With the logic that NaN is the default for floats, 0 is a very
bad choice for ints. It the worst we could do. Altough I
understand that setting it to something else like -infinity is
still not a good choice.

I think that if D wants people to initialize their variables, it
should generate a compiler error when not doing so, like C# and
Java. For me, having floats defaulting to NaN and ints to zero is
somewhere in the middle... Which isn't good.

The current solution is not good for me (I still love D though).