Code-File structure

Henrik Valter Vogelius Hansson groogy at groogy.se
Tue Jun 12 00:04:13 PDT 2012

Hi!

I'm new to D and trying everything out. Got the basics down which
are very straightforward and similar to other languages. My
professional background is primarily in C/C++-variants and Ruby
if it helps.

I have a problem with how modules, packages and files work. I
don't really know how I am supposed to organize my code. I like
namespaces from C++ which is probably my curse. What I want to
write is code similar to this:

MyClass obj = new MyClass();
SomePackage.SecondClass secondObj = new SomePackage.SecondClass();

Problem here is that SecondClass is a module. Is there some nifty
trick I can do here to solve this? I tried with just having one
module file which would hold all it's classes and functions but
that backfired very quickly as you can imagine since it grew too
large too quickly for most simple things.

I am open to any suggestions of course which would make it simple
for me to have a good structure with my files and also make my
code easily readable. Though if possible I would like anything
that goes under the package/module can somehow be placed in it's
own folder.