Does D have high-performance sockets

Jarl André" <jarl.andre at gmail.com> Jarl André" <jarl.andre at gmail.com>
Wed Jun 13 08:53:13 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 13 June 2012 at 10:24:58 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky
wrote:
> On 13.06.2012 1:29, D Day wrote:
>> Are there any implementations of this anywhere for D?
>>
>> I really only care about the windows platform - and have
>> considered
>> writing this myself with IOCP and std.socket, but I figure
>> someone else
>> must have already done something similar?
>
> Take a look at vibe.d. While it looks like framework it could
> be used as library just as easy.
> http://vibed.org/

My solution might be too simple. I made a simple socket server
that is single threaded, based on std.socket. Its really neat as
a need to have socket server library but I wouldn't recommend
using it in high performance applications. It imitates actually
QuickServer in Java, and the code shows clearly that I come from
a Java background

https://github.com/jarlah/d2-simple-socket-server