GtkD compile failed. shift by 32

1100110 10equals2 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 03:38:16 PDT 2012

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 14:05:05 -0500, Mike Wey <mike-wey at example.com> wrote:

> On 06/11/2012 03:21 AM, 1100110 wrote:
>> http://svn.dsource.org/projects/gtkd/branches/070125merge/gtkD/src/gdk/Color.d
>>

>> uint getValue()
>> {
>>      return (gdkColor.red <<32) | (gdkColor.green << 16) |
>> (gdkColor.blue);
>> }
>>

>> Just browsing through the source it looks like gtkColor.red is a ushort.
>> I get this error.
>>
>> dmd -O -m64 -Isrc -c src/gdk/Pixbuf.d -ofsrc/gdk/Pixbuf.o
>> src/gdk/Color.d(231): Error: shift by 32 is outside the range 0..31
>> make: *** [src/gdk/Color.o] Error 1
>> make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
>> ==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
>>
>> I get that exact same message no matter which compiler I use.
>>
>> Does any
>>

> This was a bug in GtkD, getValue needs to return a ulong.
> The fix has been in the git/svn repo for quite a while now ;).

Yeah, the README for GtkD said to use the packages from the dsource site...
Which are the ones that have that bug.

Maybe that should not be stated there...

Thanks for the info guys!

I downloaded from the github and everything works nicely now.

Sorry for the stupid question, probably should have just slept instead.
=P