dirEntries fails with option -inline

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Jun 16 00:56:16 PDT 2012

On Saturday, June 16, 2012 09:41:44 cal wrote:
> This code:
>
> auto dFiles = dirEntries("testimages/","*.png",SpanMode.shallow);
> foreach(d; dFiles)
>    writeln(d.name);
>
> fails to generate a directory listing when I compile with -inline
> option to DMD v2.058. It works fine otherwise, both release and
> debug, with or without -O etc.
>
> Is this a bug, or am I doing something dumb by using -inline?

-inline should never affect the semantics of code. It can affect performance,
but that should be it. So, if you're getting different behavior which is not
related to performance or timing, it's a bug.

Try it with the latest dmd (2.059), and if it still occurs, please report it:

http://d.puremagic.com/issues

- Jonathan M Davis