sorting associative array's keys by values

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 12:39:54 PDT 2012

On Monday, 18 June 2012 at 13:22:24 UTC, maarten van damme wrote:
> and something I forgot to ask, is it a conscious decision to
> not print out fired asserts in treads? Normally when an assert
> fails my whole program crashes and I can see what went wrong.
> With treads however, it quietly dies.

  Be horrible if a kernel died due to a program's assert and
throws wouldn't it? Since all programs are effectively threads or
separate processes. Since a thread is just a branch of the main
program, it can only go up the stack as much as it's stack is
present (or that's how I see it working).

  I haven't done thread programming yet, but sometimes when using
VisualD when it breaks due to an assert it wouldn't give any
detailed information. In those cases I used a try/catch...

void threadedFunction(){
   //global try/catch
   try {
     //your function code