sorting associative array's keys by values

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Jun 21 16:52:18 PDT 2012

On Monday, June 18, 2012 15:22:15 maarten van damme wrote:
> and something I forgot to ask, is it a conscious decision to not print
> out fired asserts in treads? Normally when an assert fails my whole
> program crashes and I can see what went wrong. With treads however, it
> quietly dies.

It could be a bug. I don't know. Certainly, having the thread die will not
necesasrily take your whole program down, regardless of why it died, but
having it not print out anything an assertion failure is certainly
undesirable. At minimum, creating an enhancement request would probably be in
order, and it may just outright be a bug. A message might be sent to the
parent TID. I'd have to reread TDPL's concurrency chapter and mess around with
std.concurrency a bit to remember/figure out some of those details though (and
regardless of what TDPL says, the current implementation may not match it).

- Jonathan M Davis