Stack overflow

David d at dav1d.de
Fri Jun 22 10:59:48 PDT 2012

Am 22.06.2012 16:55, schrieb Namespace:
> If you have a null object you get an Access Violation without _any_
> further information. That totally sucks.

I don't know what you're doing or which debugger you use, gdb shows me
exactly what happened (line + stack + object).

> And in my opinion a small "Ref!Type" is more informative for others who
> use your code and you do not have to write assert(obj !is null); any
> time in any method again.

I hope nobody will share code with Ref!Type, if they do people will
relay on it and hey, all will do it, I don't need to check here, would
be something different if it was not implemented by any library.

> And yes my program start's first with a debugger but, as i said, you
> will only get "Access Violation" and must debug by yourself to find the
> null object, if you avoid assert's.

I have to debug nothing, as written above gdb sets automatically a
breakpoint on a segmentation fault and shows me all the information I need.