AA with immutable values

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Jun 24 05:34:17 PDT 2012

On Sunday, June 24, 2012 14:24:48 Roman D. Boiko wrote:
> Yeah, but I wonder that such a core feature as AA doesn't support
> this use case better (I mean more efficiently).

The current AA implementation is quite buggy. It works, but there are all
kinds of corner cases which it doesn't handle properly. Part of the problem
was that its implementation was shifted from the compiler to druntime, and it
was done fairly poorly. A redesign is underway (none of which should affect its
usage other than fixing bugs, since it should be entirely an implementation
matter, not API), but it hasn't been completed yet.

- Jonathan M Davis