Problem this names of shared libraries

mezozoysky neferegio at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 01:45:08 PDT 2012

Hello!
I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this question. If
you know in which thread this question should be, please point me
to it.

I've see a strange things using dmd 2.059 with my debian/testing
os.
Linker returns an error, when I link external shared libraries to
my code.

I ran the following:

$ dmd -ofbin/example ./src/example/main.o -L-lGL -L-lGLU -L-ldl

& I've got:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGLU
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
--- errorlevel 1

this occurs until I have libGL.so.1 & libGLU.so.1 in /usr/lib,
but since I've created symlinks libGL.so & libGLU.so in the same
directory, it links ok.

What is this: dmd bug? OS or ld misconfiguration? something else?

Please tell me if I'm doing something wrong.