Concurrency in D

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 16:50:11 PDT 2012

On 06/27/2012 04:05 PM, Adam Burton wrote:

 >> For example I would like to
 >> have a thread calculate the sum of the first half of an array
 >> while another thread would calculate the other half, and I could
 >> add the two results at the end.
 > For this task there is another concurrency module called std.parallelism
 > that is designed for this type of thing (afaik).
 > http://dlang.org/phobos/std_parallelism.html

TDPL predates std.parallelism, so it's not in the book. Although the
module's documentation is straightforward, I have the following page
which may be more accessible for some:

   http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/parallelism.html

Clicking [Next] on that pages goes to Message Passing Concurrency:

   http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/concurrency.html

Ali

P.S. Both of those pages are incomplete in some ways, which I will
address soon.