Dumb question about git

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Fri Mar 2 11:30:07 PST 2012

On Friday, 2 March 2012 at 18:10:56 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> Both should work, and the man page is going to be for
> git-rebase. Pretty much
> all of the git commands can be used with or without a -.

On my system, the dashed commands are not directly accessible,
and the man page exclusively uses the non-dashed version except
for the page title, where it has to as man page names can't (or
at least usually don't), contain spaces.

As far as I know, the dash commands are considered merely an
implementation detail now and shouldn't be used directly, but I
don't have an official source on hand.

David