typeof(string.front) should be char

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sat Mar 3 13:42:26 PST 2012

On Sat, Mar 03, 2012 at 12:42:53PM -0800, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
[...]
> The current solution encourages correct usage (or at least usage which
> is closer to correct, since it still isn't at the grapheme level)
> without disallowing more optimized code.
[...]

Speaking of graphemes, is anyone interested in implementing Unicode
normalization for D? I looked at the specs briefly, and it seems to be
something that is straightforward to implement, albeit somewhat tedious.

It would be nice if D string types are normalized (needs slight change
to string concatenation). Or at least, if there's a guaranteed
normalized string type for those who care about it.

You have to expect the unexpected. -- RL