Tempfiles in unittests

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Mar 11 14:14:59 PDT 2012

On Sunday, March 11, 2012 13:33:34 Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:
> On 2012-03-10 17:10:52 +0000, Jonathan M Davis said:
> >> Otherwise, this wouldn't have been a problem :)
> >
> > Then you'll probably have to write a wrapper function which just uses
> > byLine and join to grab the string line by line and then put it back
> > together again.
> Indeed. Not a problem.
>
> Just surprised me that there wasn't a standard way of writing
> file-related unit tests :)

Well, most of the file-related unit tests in Phobos don't care much about the
contents of the file, and if they do, it's becaus they're testing one of the
functions for reading one (such as byLine or read), in which case, they're not
looking to read in the whole file at once. So, as far as Phobos' unit tests are
concerned, there's not really any need for what you're trying to do. That
doesn't mean that it shouldn't be supported, but it just doesn't appear to
have ever come up.

- Jonathan M Davis