Why doesn't this have a length?

Magnus Lie Hetland magnus at hetland.org
Mon Mar 12 08:52:26 PDT 2012

In a template class (with State and Input as template parameters), I
have the following (private) member:

State[][Tuple!(const(State), const(Input))] transitions;

It works well enough, but for some reason I can't access its length
attribute...? (If I define other simpler, similar private attributes,
such as uint[uint], I can access their length in the same location
where transition.length fails.)

I get an error message that seems to indicate that DMD is looking for a
global identifier. I've tried instantiating with different types, e.g.,
uint.

Am I doing something illegal?-)

--
Magnus Lie Hetland