Can I do an or in a version block?

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 10:21:12 PDT 2012

On 03/09/2012 06:20 AM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:

 > The same story goes for unittests which can't be independently
 > ran to get a list of all failing unittests

D unittest blocks are for code correctness (as opposed to other meanings
of the unfortunately overused term "unit testing" e.g. the functional
testing of the end product). From that point of view, there should not
be even a single test failing.

 >, and so people are coming
 > up with their own custom unittest framework (e.g. the Orange library).

Yes, some unit test features are missing. From my day-to-day use I would
like to have the following:

- Ensure that a specific exception is thrown

- Test fixtures

That obviously reflects my use of unit tests but I really don't care how
many tests are failing. The reason is, I start with zero failures and I
finish with zero failures. Any code that breaks an existing test is
either buggy or exposes an issue with the test, which must be dealt with
right then.

Ali