preprocessor pass equivalent?

Jay Norwood jayn at prismnet.com
Thu Mar 15 06:34:19 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 15 March 2012 at 10:09:25 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> The Eclipse plugin, Descent, has a view that does something
>> like this.
>> Although I don't know how well it works for D2.
>>

> It expands mixins, string mixins, replaces scope statements
> with try/catch/finally and other things. It also has a compile
> time debugger.

Wow, that's pretty impressive.  Does it do aliases also?

I read a little more last night and saw that there is an option
for json output  from dmd, and tried it out.  Is that meant to
serve the purpose of the gccxml program?

I also found mention of a c++ compiler that someone states can
compile c++ and output C.  Kind of weird, but maybe compiling D
to expanded D would not be such a stretch.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1139793/c-template-preprocessor-tool