State of D toolchain & architecture support?

Jesse Phillips Jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 10:11:46 PDT 2012

On Friday, 16 March 2012 at 08:23:39 UTC, dv wrote:

> I do not wish to spend time learning something with a shoddy
> base. If I am to port or create projects with the language, I
> need solid architecture and compiler support. Can some D users
> enlighten me about the current state? Platforms I wish to
> support: win32 and linux. Architectures: ARM (v5, v7), x86 (32
> and 64 bit), perhaps also SH4 and MIPS, though these two are
> not necessary right now.

At this I can not recommend you use D based on your requirements.
Support for Windows and Linux, however we don't have a good
selection of users making use of different architectures such as
those you list.

LDC is not Windows friendly (LLVM does not support exceptions on
Windows).

It would be nice for you to join the community and try getting
some pet projects working on the platforms you desire, as the
community is in need of some solid work in this direction.