GUI library

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Mar 25 08:13:57 PDT 2012

On 2012-03-25 15:04, Tyro[17] wrote:
> Is there one available for use with D2 on MAC OS X?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

I think these are the choices on Mac OS X:

* gtkD - Bindings to GTK. Does not use the native drawing operations of
the operating system. Available on all platforms.

http://dsource.org/projects/gtkd

* QtD - Bindings to Qt. Use the native drawing operations of the
operating system (I think). Available on all platforms. Not sure if this
is developed any more.

http://dsource.org/projects/qtd

* wxD - Bindings to wxWidgets. Use the native drawing operations of the
operating system. Available on all platforms. Not sure of the status.

http://wxd.sourceforge.net/

It would also be possible to use Cocoa, as you do with Objective-C, but
that wouldn't be very practically. There's also a DMD fork that directly
supports interfacing with Objective-C:

http://michelf.com/projects/d-objc/

--
/Jacob Carlborg