"don't know how to make 'src\unittest.d'" error while rebuilding Phobos

Gleb s4mmael at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 09:51:23 PDT 2012

Dmitry, thank you for your answer!

On Thursday, 29 March 2012 at 13:57:05 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky
wrote:
> This should work:
>
> make -f win32.mak
I've already gave this a try. I managed to get phobos built
without unittests but I can't built my program with new
phobos.lib. An error message is as follows:

OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 8.00.12
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989-2010  All rights reserved.
http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/optlink.html
D:\UserFiles\D\dmd2\windows\bin\..\lib\phobos.lib(file)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D3std10__fileinit9useWfuncsOb
D:\UserFiles\D\dmd2\windows\bin\..\lib\phobos.lib(file)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D3std10__fileinit12__ModuleInfoZ
--- errorlevel 2

I have commented out all the code related with curl, so it is not
because of curl . It looks like my new phobos.lib is somehow bad.
I have no idea what does this error mean. Google didn't help. So
I was trying to use unittests to find out what's wrong.