cannot cast

Chris Cain clcain at uncg.edu
Thu May 3 02:03:20 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 3 May 2012 at 09:00:08 UTC, Chris Cain wrote:
> const = you (as in, your view of the data as you're working
> with it) can't change

Actually, let me be even clearer with this... I mean _you_ cannot
change it, but it might be changed by someone else's view, in
which case it would appear to change in your view ... but not by
any interaction you make with it.

This means concretely that anything you do with the object will
have no effect on its bit representation in memory, although the
bit representation in memory might be changed by other
threads/processes/views.