optlink

Ellery Newcomer ellery-newcomer at utulsa.edu
Sun May 13 07:41:27 PDT 2012

Hey,

a while back I was messing around with some winapi calls in D,
and I had occasion to want to link to crypt32.dll, but dmd
doesn't seem to ship with a crypt32.lib.

I tried downloading the platform sdk or whatever the thing is
called, but, um...

dmd ssl_client.d "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
SDKs\Windows\v7.0\Lib\Crypt32.Lib"
OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 8.00.12
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989-2010  All rights reserved.
http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/optlink.html
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0\Lib\Crypt32.Lib
  Error 43: Not a Valid Library File

Actually, looking at those lib files a little closer, they appear
to be mildly messed up ar archives.

Any ideas on what I should do here?