std.file, std.stdio(File), std.stream(File:Stream)

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed May 16 21:00:23 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, May 16, 2012 20:58:02 H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Hindsight is always 20/20.  I agree with you that it makes sense... but
> only after you've learned what it is. This does not help newcomers nor
> give them a good impression of D. We need to reduce the amount of stuff
> that only makes sense after the fact, especially when there's no good
> reason to do so.

I really don't think that renaming the module is going to help much with that.
std.file is plenty descriptive. It operates on files, and the name makes that
clear. And its module documentation is _quite_ clear on the matter:

Util­i­ties for ma­nip­u­lat­ing files and scan­ning di­rec­to­ries. Func­tions
in this mod­ule han­dle files as a unit, e.g., read or write one file at a time.
For open­ing files and ma­nip­u­lat­ing them via han­dles refer to mod­ule
std.​stdio.